I am a huge fan of a good chocolate and peanut butter combo. This vegan recipe is super easy to make (it only has 5 ingredients) but damn, these things hit the spot. I should probably limit myself to only making these when I have friends coming over because otherwise I will almost certainly eat the entire batch myself!
Here's how you make them:
- 1 1/2 cups peanut butter. Pure and unsweetened. Just peanuts.
- 1/4 cup honey. Or pure maple syrup if you're making it vegan.
- 1/3 cup rice crispies. I used Nature's Sunshine brand.
- 1/2 cup silken dessert tofu
- 1 1/2 cups dark, dairy-free chocolate chips. I used Enjoy brand.
Combine the peanut butter, honey, silken tofu and rice crispies together in a bowl.
Create a "double boiler" to melt the chocolate chips over indirect heat. Sir occasionally until the chocolate gets nice and melty-smooth.
Form the peanut butter mxture into balls.
Dip the peanut butter balls into the melted chocolate with a spoon, place on a pan and allow to dry in the fridge.
Side Note: After I had already made these, my very intelligent boyfriend pointed out that if I had let these cool on a wire rack instead of a pan, they wouldn't have had the drippy, hard chocolate bits at the bottoms. Personally I don't really mind them but if for esthetic reasons you want your PB balls to be perfect spheres then you may want to do the wire rack thing ;)