Don't ever try to tell me that #tacotuesday is not a holiday. It is a damn holiday and it deserves to be celebrated.
Tacos are among my favourite foods in the world. I take them seriously (sort of).
"Taco cat spelled backwards is taco cat."
This Recipe serves 2. (Makes 4-5 tacos)
Here's what you do...
- Soft corn tortillas
- 3-4 tbsp coconut oil
- 1/2 a head of cauliflower (chopped into small bites)
- 1/2 cup cooked lentils
- 2 tbsp gluten-free all purpose flour
- 1 clove garlic
- 2 tbsp grainy dijon mustard (I used Maille Al'Ancienne brand)
- 1 tbs lime juice
- Sea Salt and Fresh Pepper
Melt the coconut oil in a non-stick pan over medium heat and add the cauliflower. Cover and fry for a few minuets until it's about halfway cooked.
Add the lentils, garlic, dijon, lime juice, salt and pepper to the pan. Sprinkle the gluten free flour over it as it continues to fry to help it get a bit of a crispy coating on it.
Leave uncovered and fry, stirring occasionally, until the cauliflower gets a bit crispy and golden brown.
Pile onto warm corn tortillas. I found that steaming them is the best way to warm up and soften the tortillas them without drying them out.
For the Fresh Tomato Salsa...
- 2 tomatoes chopped
- 1 jalapeno chopped
- 1/2 yellow onion chopped
- 1 small bunch of cilantro chopped
- juice of 1/2 a lime
- 1/2 tsp himalayan pink sea salt pepper
- Basically just chop those puppies up and mix them in a bowl. Boom.
- Garlic Cashew Cream Aioli