I love the first meal of the day. There are few things that make me happier than the smell of breakfast cooking and coffee brewing first thing in the morning. It's magic.
Today I woke up and put on a playlist of feel-good oldies (The Temptations, Simon & Garfunkel... check it out here!) and danced around in my socks while crafting up these delicious crepes. Not a terrible way to start the day.
Difficulty: Easy Prep time: 5 mins Cook time: 10 minutes Yeild: 7-8 crepes
Prep time: 5 mins
Cook time: 10 minutes
Yeild: 7-8 crepes
- 1 cup buckwheat flour
- 3/4 cup oat flour
- 1/2 tsp fine grain sea salt
- 2 1/2 cups nut milk (I like almond or cashew milk)
- 3 eggs
- 3 tbsps melted coconut oil
- 2 tbsps pure maple syrup (skip if you want your crepes to be savory)
Wisk flours and salt together in a medium bowl.
In a smaller bowl, wisk together the eggs, nut milk, coconut oil and maple syrup.
Combine with dry ingredients and mix well.
Over medium heat, warm up a pan with a small amount of coconut oil or ghee.
Once the pan is hot, scoop 1/3 cup of batter onto the pan. Spread the batter by tilting the pan until it forms a thin circle.
Flip the crepe when the edges start to get slightly golden and crisp. It looks like this:
7. Cook for a few more minutes on the other side until its nicely golden too. Then transfer to a plate until you're done with the rest of the batter. You can also keep them warm in the oven at a low temperature.